CITY OF EDGERTON, KS
NOTICE TO REMOVE TALL WEEDS AND GRASSES
Date Published: May 22nd, 2019
The property addresses listed below were inspected and found to be in violation of Section 8-901 & 8-902 of the Edgerton City Code.
• Widmer Farms LLC – Property ID#BF221504-3005 and BF221504-3002 Edgerton, KS 66021
• Omar J. & India L. Holtgraver – Property ID#BF221503-1001 Edgerton, KS 66021
• Edgerton Building LLC – Vernon – Fraley & Connie Fraley – 318-320-322-324 East Nelson Street – Property ID# BP25000020 0020B, BP25000020 0021, BP25000020 0022, BP25000020 0023A
• Nickell Gardner Kansas Properties, LLC – Property ID#BF221435-2005 Edgerton, KS 66021
The following conditions are in violation of Section 8-901 & 8-902 of Article 9, Chapter 8 of the Edgerton City Code regarding health nuisances:
* Weeds and grasses on or about residential property which, because of its height, has a blighting influence on the neighborhood. Any such weeds and indigenous grasses shall be presumed to be blighting if they exceed 6 inches in height.
Based on the condition listed above this Order of Violation is issued on behalf of the Edgerton City Council. The owner or occupier of these properties has ten (10) days from the publication of this notice in the official city newspaper to abate the conditions listed above or request in writing a hearing within (5) days of receipt before the City of Edgerton City Council or its designated representative regarding this matter.
Failure to abate the condition or request a hearing within the allowed time will result in the city or its authorized agent cutting and/or destroying the weeds and will assess the cost of the cutting of the grass/weeds, including an administrative fee, against the owner, occupant or agent in charge of the property as permitted by Edgerton City Code.
The owner, occupant or agent in control of the property will be given an opportunity to pay the assessment, and if it is not paid within 30 days of such notice it will be added to the property tax as a special assessment
No further notice will be given during the current calendar year prior to the removal of weeds from the property.
Questions should be directed to the City of Edgerton Code Enforcement Officer during normal business hours at (913) 893-6231.