Head Start will be accepting applications for enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year by appointment at Heartland Early Childhood Center. It is a federally funded preschool program at no cost for income-eligible families. To be eligible for the Head Start program, the following requirements must be met:
- A child must be at least 3 or 4 years of age by August 31, 2016.
- Income of the parents must meet current income guidelines.
- Parents must live within the boundaries of Johnson County including the school districts of Olathe, Gardner-Edgerton, DeSoto, Spring Hill, and Blue Valley.
Parents need to present the following information for enrollment application:
- Income verification: 2015 Income Tax Return form (including all W-2s), employer’s letter, DCF printout, and/or child support verification, etc.
- Child’s birth certificate or other appropriate verification.
- Child’s immunization records.
For more information, please call
780-7418, 780-8172, 780-7922, 780-7745, or 780-7746.