CITY OF EDGERTON, KS
NOTICE TO REMOVE TALL WEEDS AND GRASSES
Date Published: April 29, 2020
The property addresses listed below were inspected and found to be in violation of Section 8-901 & 8-902 of the Edgerton City Code.
- Larry & Donna Pearce Property ID#: BP5000000 0003C, BP5000000 0002A, BP5000000 0001A, BP5000000 0021
- William Gay 512 West Nelson Street Edgerton, KS 66021 BP50000000 0007A
- Edgerton Building LLC – Vernon Fraley & Connie Fraley – 318-320-322-324 East Nelson Street Edgerton, KS 66021- Property ID# BP25000020 0020B, BP25000020 0021, BP25000020 0022, BP25000020 0023A
- Home Buyers and Remodeling LLC Property ID# BP55200000 0088
604 West Heather Knoll Drive Edgerton, KS 66021
- Jane & Danny ONeal –Property ID# BP55000000 0016 – 210 West Edgewood Drive Edgerton, KS 66021
- R-7 Capital Funding, LLC Property ID# BP25000009 0001 502 East 2nd Street Edgerton, KS 66021 – 921 East Hayward Avenue Independence, MO 64050
3030 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City, OK 73112
- DMS Holdings, LLC – Steven M. Stinson Property ID# BP25000026 0009 210 East Hullett Street Edgerton, KS 66021
- Glenn D. Pyle Property ID# BP74000000 0030 712 West Meriwood Lane Edgerton, KS 66021
- Robbie J. & Sharon R. Hernandez Property ID#BP55100000 000C 1218 West 3rd Street Edgerton, KS 66021
- Kyle Oswald Property ID#BP50000000 0011 707 West Nelson Street Edgerton, KS 66021
- Roman Catholic Archbishop Property ID# BP25000018 0009 114 East Nelson Street Edgerton, KS 66021
The following conditions are in violation of Section 8-901 & 8-902 of Article 9, Chapter 8 of the Edgerton City Code regarding health nuisances:
* Weeds and grasses on or about residential property which, because of its height, has a blighting influence on the neighborhood. Any such weeds and indigenous grasses shall be presumed to be blighting if they exceed 6 inches in height.
Based on the condition listed above this Order of Violation is issued on behalf of the Edgerton City Council. The owner or occupier of these properties has ten (10) days from the publication of this notice in the official city newspaper to abate the conditions listed above or request in writing a hearing within (5) days of receipt before the City of Edgerton City Council or its designated representative regarding this matter.
Failure to abate the condition or request a hearing within the allowed time will result in the city or its authorized agent cutting and/or destroying the weeds and will assess the cost of the cutting of the grass/weeds, including an administrative fee, against the owner, occupant or agent in charge of the property as permitted by Edgerton City Code.
The owner, occupant or agent in control of the property will be given an opportunity to pay the assessment, and if it is not paid within 30 days of such notice it will be added to the property tax as a special assessment
No further notice will be given during the current calendar year prior to the removal of weeds from the property.
Questions should be directed to the City of Edgerton Code Enforcement Officer during normal business hours at (913) 893-6231.