Character education has long been a part of the Gardner Edgerton School District’s curriculum. The initiative strives to build a common set of values among students.
A different character trait is focused on each month and is emphasized in the activities and discussions that occur in classrooms. Students are encouraged to apply the concepts on a daily basis.
Each quarter during the school year, a student from each school who demonstrates good character traits and goes above and beyond expectations in the classroom is selected.
Special recognition for these outstanding students is held once a quarter at a school board meeting.
The following students were recognized for being selected as the Student of Character.
• Edgerton Elementary – Hunter Brown – 4th
• Gardner Elementary – Elaina Herman – 2nd
• Grand Star Elementary – Alexa Oatman – 4th
• Madison Elementary – Jaeden Lawson – 3rd
• Moonlight Elementary – Elizabeth Westerman – 4th
• Nike Elementary – Marisa Wise – 4th
• Sunflower Elementary – Brooklyn Struble – 4th
• Pioneer Ridge Middle School – Brooks Langrehr – 7th
• Trail Ridge Middle School – Aaron Croos – 7th
• Wheatridge Middle School – Jackson Holle – 6th
• GEHSl – Megan Wetherington – 11th
• GEHS – Emily Worth – 12th