A Gardner family didn’t rest peacefully on Christmas night.
Members of Johnson County Fire District No. 1 responded to a house fire at 325 E. Park Street in Gardner at 3 a.m. on Dec. 26. No one was injured in the small fire, but the family in residence was temporarily displaced.
According to Battalion Chief Trig Morley, fire crews initially didn’t see a fire when they arrived. However, after a brief investigation they found a small, active fire in the attic of the home.
“The residents were home at the time and they were alerted by their home smoke detector,” Morley said.
Investigators believed the fire was the result of an electrical issue.
House fire interrupts Christmas slumber