September 16, 2014

Residents request Fotovich resignation

Four Gardner residents asked members of the Gardner’s governing body to censure council member Larry Fotovich. They asked that Fotovich resign, telling council that they believe Fotovich resides in Olathe.
“It is the duty of the remaining council and mayor to make the rest of the citizens heard,” Gardner resident Bruce Hughes said. “…The silence is taken as a wink-and-a-nod approval.”
Fotovich, who was elected in 2011, owns a home in Gardner and one in Olathe. By ordinance, to be eligible for council, members must be “qualified electors” electors of the city, or be registered voters within the city. Fotovich is registered to vote in Gardner.
Rich Melton and Lee Moore, Gardner, gave the council a petition requesting Fotovich’s resignation. The petition listed 176 names.
The residents addressed council during the public segment portion of the council meeting, and members of the governing body traditionally do not, and on May 5 did not, respond to the residents. However, council members discussed the charter ordinance that lays out eligibility requirements for office during a work session earlier that evening.
Cheryl Harrison-Lee, city administrator, told council that like Gardner, most Kansas municipalities use the term, “qualified elector” to define eligibility for office.
Council member Steve Shute said changing the terminology would add confusion and potentially bring legal problems. For example, he asked if a more stringent residency requirement would limit a potential council candidate who travels a lot for work or who owns a summer or lake home.
City attorney Ryan Denk said he has drafted residency requirements for city staff in other cities. To determine residency, Denk said he used several guidelines including whether a person’s children are enrolled in the local school district and whether a person’s drivers license lists an address in the community.
“If you just leave it at residency, the law is very forgiving,” Denk said.
Council member Kristina Harrison said the concern over residency requirements was obviously based on a very specific situation. Fotovich interjected that the discussion was based on a temporary situation.
“Trying to address a specific situation is a bad idea,” Harrison said.
Though council members agreed to continue discussing several changes to the ordinance, they appeared to reach a consensus to continue to only require council members to be qualified electors.

Comments

This issue will resolve itself in time. Glad to see that the Council evidently didn’t jump on the hate wagon built by 176 people in a community of 20,000 citizens and which was instigated by Drovetta it appears – I saw the hate machine in action before during a slimy recall occurring a few years ago in Gardner and which I will always keep in my “life experience” journal otherwise known as my memory bank. Good sense to look long and hard to determine what is the motivation of people. I would say Fotovich still meets the requirements as a qualified elector.

Just a few years ago the haters brought about an assault on Larry, and scared his family half to death, by another Council person and all because Larry was wanting council meetings to be videotaped so the maximum number of citizens may watch those meetings at their convenience and be better informed. Drovetta refused to put that item on the agenda for years – that is my opinion based on my experience in requesting an up or down vote on the issue and that went on for several years. . Amazing how citizens can be crucified in the public eye by a vigilante bunch and even more scary when I see how our legislators have brought about gun culture communities across the state and thumbing their noses and worse to the federal government and making a hard job for our police forces an even more hard job and more dangerous. The day when an extremist, also filled with hate, starts taking shots at someone here who has a different opinion than theirs, grows closer and closer and there will be those who will say the hate filled extremist had a good reason for what he/she has done. Every time when I read that CFG Facebook page and the Gardner/Edgerton Republican Party Facebook page I become more concerned to see what is occurring in our community/state and the so-called leaders and citizens on their hate filled agenda wagon. Anything and everything is blamed on Obama and it would be hilarious except it is driven by hate. fear and lies. If you are aware at all as to what is going on in communities across America, you would know why bullying in our schools is growing like a prairie fire – kids don’t have very good examples to follow it appears to me. City Hall employees cringe when I send another e-mail and I say there is a reason for that and I would say it is because they don’t want to be held accountable and want the good ole years to go on forever wherein they can do and operate how they very well please. Every time I get the silent treatment from them, I feel very confident I have asked a question they don’t want to answer and when they get by with that type of operation, citizens overall suffer greatly because of it. But come budget time, they will be whining big time as to how they are overworked and underpaid and will be intimidating that Council in numerous ways – much like how practiced Gilhaus was with his School Board. Another good reason for citizens to be making better choices with candidates to run for office and when they get into that voting booth.I would say there are many much greater problems in Gardner than Fotovich and whether he is a qualified elector.

I would tell these cronies, who in my opinion are pretty much little boys in big boy pants, to go after Sen. Roberts – a big time worthless politician unless you are one of the special interests that he takes care of very well and keeps him in office along with citizens who have also lost their moral values for years now when they rubber stamp him into office for another term. I would really like to know how many full days Roberts has been in the state of Kansas for the past 10 years – bet ole Brownback sees him as a qualified elector.

3. bhughes says:

I always find your posts entertaining Judith. On the one hand you have no problem with one of your “chosen few” to do as they please, but in the same post you say something like this …

” City Hall employees cringe when I send another e-mail and I say there is a reason for that and I would say it is because they don’t want to be held accountable and want the good ole years to go on forever wherein they can do and operate how they very well please. ”

I guess Larry is above and beyond being held accountable and his desire to keep the “good ole years” going on even after he’s moved out of the city is fine with you.

Sorry Judith, but selective standards aren’t standards at all, they’re hypocrisy

Have a good day

Facts come into play much more than hypocrisy I would say. Fotovich meets the ordinance requirements and it is even more ironic that he was trying diligently to bring the very ordinance more up to date several years ago I believe, but once again, the haters spit fire at him on that very thing that now the little boys are screaming about. Once again I would say what Fotovich is doing or not doing is miniscule compared to the huge problems in our city government and beyond. Beating the hell out of Fotovich didn’t result in intimidating him enough to get him off that Council so I really have to wonder if 176 names of hypocrites on a petition is the answer. The haters need to get on Sen. Roberts’ rearend, however, even then hate, fear and lies have no place in our society and with all of the bullying our children are experiencing now should make that even more clear but the extremists quite often are truly sick in mind and body and bring about so much suffering and adverse affects and it gets worse by the day in my opinion. You can bring people to the water but you can’t make them drink and no one knows that better than the blacks or the Jews. What or who is motivating people to do what they do or not do? That is always good to know or to figure out.

P.S. Fotovich is not one of my chosen few – he is merely one of 5 Council members who I have strongly disagreed with on more than one occasion. I want no part of the conniving, manipulation, hate smears, corruption and slimy politics that have existed in this area for years but I will speak out about those things because I know how the average citizens, and especially their children, are severely, adversely affected by these habits.

5. bhughes says:

As I said, I tend to always find your posts entertaining Judith. Reading your writings and seeing you bemoan hatred and extremism and “slimy” behavior is, well, illuminating. That is especially true when your posts are filled such tolerant and moderate terminology.

In general, my reason for supporting the effort to highlight the fact that Mr. Fotovich is not living in Gardner and has no likelihood to be living in Gardner at any point in the near future is simple. He will not be paying the taxes and dealing with the ordinances and accountable for the decisions and direction that the Gardner city council’s decisions are defining for all the rest of the citizens of this city that ARE still going to be here. A reasonable person would see that as an elected official. continuing to make decisions which will have little to no impact on you is unethical. It shouldn’t take a city ordinance for a decent person with good character to do the right thing. I have no issue with Mr. Fotovich personally at this point in time. At the time of the BNSF Intermodal annexation/deannexation circus, I felt that he used technicalities to circumvent the expressed will of the citizens via the ballot. I feel he is using technicalities to avoid doing the right thing now. I see that as a very clear and very important red flag related to the character of the man.

You speak of the “conniving, manipulation, hate smears, corruption and slimy politics”. To me and to many others, Mr. Fotovich’s continued clinging to his seat on the council after moving out of the city months ago is “conniving, manipulation, ” as well as “corruption and slimy politics”. The only thing among your list that it doesn’t qualify as would be the “hate smears”, but that may well be an aspect that is being handled by others.

Yeah, right and you, Mr. Hughes, are the next person to be declared a saint in the next few weeks….give me a break. Why don’t you run for office…….you would fit in well with the Drovettas, Suttons, Brownbacks, etc., etc. I love how you portray yourself as an “innocent” or as a “patriot” as Sutton would call you, that so many of the Beasley Bunch CFGers, Republicans or NRA supporters have done time and time again. Pure as driven snow.

I would say Fotovich truly qualifies because I feel sure his 2013 taxes have been paid in full and all past taxes have been paid on a timely basis which gives him much more credibility than many of the thieves here in Gardner who get their sweet deals and benefit districts but don’t bother to pay their taxes nor their benefit district assessments for YEARS in some instances and resulting in the average citizens having to cover their lowlife rearends for thousands and thousands of dollars plus they even create more costs for citizens for legal costs to hold them accountable. And I don’t believe Fotovich commits fraud by getting a “farm” appraisal on his property which would almost totally eliminate any tax responsibility like so many of our lovely LLC entities, banks, savings & loan associaions, builders, developers, investors, etc. do.

Facts always outweigh BS and lies any day of the week in my opinion. It won’t surprise me when you bring your rope for hanging with Fotovich’s name on it at your next appearance at City Hall or you may send it to him anonymously in the mail. I also like how you and others never post your full names – another trait of a coward and a bully in my opinion.

Time will take care of this issue and the experience/persons will go into my memory bank.

7. bhughes says:

LOL Ya Judith, my name is mentioned in theis always a pkeasure article and I’m using “bhughes” as a super secret alias. lmao.

As far as the your “logic” that because you believe Mr Fotovichis up to date on paid taxes, that somehow that is sufficient justification for making the decisions that will impact the taxes, laws, and services IN THE FUTURE, which he will NOT be subject to … … well I’ll leave that particular bit of serpentine “logic” for others to unspin.

Again, your example of moderation and tolerance is always illuminating. Have a good night.

8. bhughes says:

Somehow that last post picked up some extra characters. … corrected below

——–

LOL Ya Judith, my name is mentioned in the article and I’m using “bhughes” as a super secret alias. lmao.

– See more at: http://gardnernews.com/residents-request-fotovich-resignation/comment-page-1/#comment-15886

How a person signs or records their name to me shows their level of arrogance, education, ignorance, etc.

Have a great day!

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    And so is bhughes……………as he would say – LMAO………………….

Worried about how your tax funds are protected, used, etc. Perhaps bhughes might want to look no further than his Gardner Financial Officer who I don’t believe lives within the city limits of Gardner and probably hasn’t for years right along with many city employees. Your Financial Officer sets up all those different fund pots and moves that money around, over, through faster than lightning and that Officer makes important financial recommendations on a constant basis – that Officer sure isn’t SUBJECT to pay Gardner’s sky high taxes and utilities. Your arguments don’t hold water, bhughes, inc………………………………….

12. bhughes says:

Wow Judith, for a person who talks about the example being set for young people, you sure do have a lot of childishness and bitterness that you project toward anyone and everyone that dares to speak out against anyone among your chosen few. I realize it may be difficult for you to understand, but I am not going to descend to your level here. I have a point of view on this subject and honestly, in my opinion, your childishness is not going to be likely convince many people to go along with your opinions to the contrary.

You seem really, really fixated here Judith. The more tenuous and winding the path you take to try to come up with to rationalize and justify the inconsistency of your support for Larry, the more transparent it is that you are going to support him if he had moved to Australia and was telecommuting for the council meetings. He could continue to manipulate technicalities to keep his hold on his city council seat and be living in Australia and you give every indication that you would continue to turn a blind eye.

bhughes, Esq., the BLIND EYE resides and has resided at Gardner City Hall for years and years on oodles and oodles of issues such as how the thieves get their “farm” appraisal classification on property that is not farmed in any way, shape or form and how that “farm” classification almost totally eliminates any property tax obligation they should have and takes away MILLIONS OF DOLLARS of tax revenue that should be going for the needs of the community and why regular homeowners’ taxes are higher than they should be Why is it that you have only complained NOW about your perceived Blind Eye situation? I will tell you why. Because you and others are on another one of your cherry-picked witch hunts and as I have said before, you and others have wanted Fotovich out of office since the day he was duly elected. Fotovich hasn’t been able to stop all the crap that goes on with his one vote and yet you and others can’t stand it that he is still on that Council as a qualified elector. You probably haven’t even looked at a City Council agenda in the past 10 years, much less know what is actually going on with your city government and how it adversely affects or helps citizens.

I’m enjoying a wonderful weekend, bhughes, Esq., – you and others just keep eating your hate sandwiches with a big F, representing Fotovich, on them while celebrating Mother’s Day.

14. Rich Melton says:

Judith I want to go over 2 things real quick;

1. I was the one who started all of the Larry needs to resign stuff, not Dave Drovetta.

2. You talk about hate among many other things, have you ever read your own posts?

“If I am fixated on anything, it is when people operate on hate, fear and lies and on citizen apathy and how citizens are moving from the middle class to poverty because they are called upon to take care of the thieves constantly and how the Republican legislators in Kansas have brought about gun culture communities and because of the unconstitutional laws the Kansas legislature has passed the last several years and because of how the Kansas Republicans are reducing taxes for the thieves and transferring their tax burden to the average Joe Blow in numerous ways and because of how Kansas Representatives, especially Sutton, can stand there and tell you with their own words how it is okay to use religion as a means to discriminate and I could go on forever about the wrongdoing that I am fixated on.”

You specifically mention “hate, fear and lies” this paragraph has all of them. Maybe you should start to look within before you cast any more stones.

Who is Rich Melton? Mmmm………………..