July 28, 2014

Mayor Drovetta expects to name Pugh replacement in January

Mayor Dave Drovetta expects to name an appointment to former council member Dennis Pugh’s seat in mid-January.
Pugh resigned after being charged with battery against council member Larry Fotovich.
To date, Drovetta said four residents have stepped forward asking to be considered for the position.
“I am not contacting anyone and encouraging them to apply,” Drovetta said. “…The four who have contacted me were proactive and wanting to serve.”
According to state statute, the Mayor makes the appointment with a majority of the council’s approval.
If council members don’t approve a mayoral recommendation, they must pass a resolution declaring that person unfit. Without council approval, a mayoral appointment becomes automatic after 30 days.
Chris Morrow asked how others might express their interest in applying for the council role.
“Some people don’t know about the process, and some of the people may be sitting on the fence,” Morrow said.
Drovetta said it’s a matter of finding a good individual to serve.
“It’s not a closed process. If someone wants to be considered, they should contact me,” Drovetta said.
Four applicants is a reasonable number, he said.
“If I get a dozen people, I’m not interviewing a dozen people,” Drovetta said.
Council member Brian Broxterman said if applicants sent resumes it might help narrow down the field.
“If you do get a dozen (applicants) or 15, resumes would help your sorting process,” Broxterman said.
Anyone interested in applying to fill Pugh’s seat can email Drovetta at
ddrovetta@gardnerkansas.gov.

Comments

“I’m not interested in interviewing a dozen people.” I know, Dictator…….I know……..you will continue to have your sewed up three votes………..makes things simpler, doesn’t it????? Let’s see who the magic four are………Freeman, Beasley, Schultz, Taylor, Dutton – who else will be in the gene pool????? Not sure we are going to have a Happy New Year………..when does Press go??? March, April, May??????

2. Judith I couldn’t imagine the temper tantrum you’d throw if Drovetta appointed me.

I wouldn’t have a temper tanrum – it would merely be more of the Dictator business in living color – I know what to expect of both of you along with many more of your kind and the thieves……you couldn’t wait until you were off the clock to post that comment, Beasley………still stealing from your employer, I see…………..

Be sure to see how Brownback and his kind have put all citizens in the same shape they are in Greece……….just like that huge debt the Dictator and Lehman has brought about in the past 10 years and we are even taking into consideration all of the interest we are paying on that debt…….

5. Aha ha ha ha ha!

Let’s see…so the magic four are Freeman, Beasley, Schultz, Taylor, and Dutton? Hmmm… one, two, three… that’s five! Hey I thought you were supposed to be good at counting? You know, from all that counting you did of the sweet tax deals that the big boys are getting?

And now you are comparing Gardner to Greece? What’s wrong, no articles about Bell, California lately? But either way I think it’s fair to compare the economy of a European country to that of a midwestern town like Gardner, very solid.

6. Appoint Judith! says:

Then Fotovich can have a kindred spirit to be irrational with.

7. Ryan want it Judith? When the term expired he would ACTUALLY have to run for election. The cushy Electric Utility Board appointment is much better. Wasn’t he appointed back during the last mayor’s term? Geez, is that a lifelong appointment? How does one get that gig?

Poor Charlie K. – he has such a hard time keeping up………………the Dictator says he is not interviewing 12 people……….it is evident he only wanted to interview one applicant for the City Manager position………………your crappy ass city governemnt continues…………….

9. Thanks Judith, I can read just fine. Drovetta said that he did not want to interview 12 people and that only four people had applied. I can also count just fine and I see where you named 5 people instead of 4. So what exactly am I having trouble keeping up with?

You make less sense and become more profane in your posts every day. Must be that slow slide into dementia. Oh and your period key is stuck on again.

Maybe our crappy ass city government does continue, but so does your crappy ass attitude and posting. I don’t like Mayor Drovetta either, but I like you even less.

10. Poor Judith says:

She’s not happy when Drovetta leaves the appointment process closed. She’s not happy when Drovetta leaves the appointment process opened. Is it no wonder that she’s NEVER happy? She’s not consistent enough to even know what she wants?

For that matter, where are all the people who were screaming about how bad an appointed Council is? Remember all the angst people displayed over the notion that TBG Council members who had been legally removed from office by the voters would end up being replaced by appointment?

When it’s a non-TBG elected Council member (who, by the way, steps down of his own volition instead of forcing the voters into recalling him) that is being replaced, all we hear is the pathetically-predictable Judith frothing at the mouth about Drovetta. Evidently, replacing elected Council members who AREN’T TBG “cronies” doesn’t bother the complainers. They have to find new things to complain about.

11. Judith SWEARS!!! says:

She should be sanctioned!

Where are all those people who were complaining about the naughty words Drovetta said? When Judith cusses, I guess it’s okay, but let Drovetta drop a swear word, and it’s a federal case.

Silly hypocrites.

12. What is it Judy? Fired or Retired?? says:

@ Marko – I have been told that Judith was once among the ranks of the lowly government workers. She once graced the office of the Johnson County Appraiser’s office. Apparently you are only evil if you once were a government worker in a “cronyism government system.” I wonder what her words, actions and inactions were there? Did she get a “sweet deal” to retire?

“Used to be if you didn’t do your freaking job, you got fired – ” Judith

So, Judith, are you speaking from experience?

No, I won’t be having a hissy fit when Drovetta names a replacement for Pugh……..I will more than likely be getting sick to my stomach……………like the periods, Charlie K???????

Of course, the Dictator is not interested in interviewing 12 people for the Council position, he already has HIS person picked……………cronyism government continues………………

15. @What is it Judy? says:

Don’t worry about waiting for a response from her, just do what she does…Make up whatever you want to regardless of what degree of truth (if any) it may have and add, ” – that is my opinion” afterwards.

For example: “Judith was fired because her personality is so terrible nobody could stand to work with her – that is my opinion.”

16. Reality ~= Judith says:

The last time the Mayor appointed people, he asked for submissions, held open public forums with the available candidates, then appointed people based largely on their obvious neutrality on the Intermodal issue and on the recall.

As I remember, Judith, you were more concerned about the candidates’ religion than you were about their aptness for Council positions, so your judgement on all this is not all that trustworthy.

I do not care about what religion a person has – I am more concerned in how that person applies their religion in their life………..there are examples of people not practicing their religion in their lives throughout the world and that is because the Devil is in many people’s lives also and/or they are chasing and worshipping the almighty dollar…………..

18. You were all about the various religions of the people involved. Even asked if the religion of one of the Council members was a cult. Don’t try to change the story now.

19. Lucky Godot says:

Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaquaqua with white beard quaquaquaqua outside time without extension who from the heights of divine apathia divine athambia divine aphasia loves us dearly with some exceptions for reasons unknown but time will tell and suffers like the divine Miranda with those who for reasons unknown but time will tell are plunged in torment plunged in fire whose fire flames if that continues and who can doubt it will fire the firmament that is to say blast hell to heaven so blue still and calm so calm with a calm which even though intermittent is better than nothing; but, not so fast!

BS, you are a liar!!!! I asked whether a member of the school board, not the City Council, belonged to a church or a cult. It does matter to me whether a person belongs to a cult so go suck on a stick…………..

21. She asked it if it was a cult because it is a cult.

22. The city council is a cult?

23. Royal Sexiness says:

They just need to hurry up and get someone who will do a good job. I’m afraid because the mayor is a dictator that we will have more of the same.

When is the city council going to revise the animal ordinance? It desperately needs to be revised. Do something people!

24. William S. Burroughs-- says:

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.

25. Ah, so that's SO much better says:

So instead of calling Council members’ churches cults, Judith, you call school board members cultists. That doesn’t make me a liar…especially since you obviously ARE more interested in attacking peoples’ faith. Nice.

But to be perfectly clear, you’re saying you never made ANY specualtions or insults about…say…Dan Newburg’s faith when he was up for appointment? Think long and hard before you answer that question, Judith.

26. Higher Power says:

Judith is the ultimate authority. Anybody who worships to a god other than her is a cultist. Just ask her. She’ll tell you.

27. A lot of people seem to complain about the animal ordinance… Can I ask why? Is this solely about the whole Pit Bull thing or do you have something else in mind?

28. animal hoarder meth head says: