Jesse R. “Bud” Brown, 64 yrs. old, passed away January 3rd, 2013 at Lawrence Memorial from heart difficulties. Bud was born August 11th, 1948 to the proud parents of Barbara J. (Workman) Brown and Jesse L. Brown; Jesse L. survives in Gardner, KS. After graduating Baldwin High School, Bud achieved his Journeymanship in Carpentry and joined the Local Union #61 of Kansas City. He continued his craft until his passing. On August 15th, 1970 Bud married the love of his life, Rebecca J. Kerr, who survives of the home. Other survivors are: Daughter; Amanda Croucher (Chris) of Osage City, Daughter; Bonnie Walter (Andrew) of Manhattan, Son; Jesse M. Brown (Lisa) of Baldwin City, Adopted- Son; Josh Smith of Baldwin City, 3 grandchildren; Garrett, Grace, and Emily, Sister; Janey Wiseman (Pat) of Baldwin City, Brother; Bruce Brown (Sue) of Baldwin City, and sister; Jeanne Romero (Chris) of Lawrence. He was preceded in death by his mother Barbara and his infant daughter Jennifer Lynn. In Bud’s honor the family will have a Celebration of Life gathering January 13, 2013 from 3pm. to 7pm. at the American Legion; 803 High St. in Baldwin City. There is memorial fund in Jesse “Bud” Brown’s name at Baldwin State Bank P.O. Box 46 Baldwin City, Ks. 66006.
About The Author
- Report indicates Gardner Municipal Airport not self-sustaining
- Generation Exchange at the Gardner Library
- Spring Hill eighth grader Jordan Haworth recently competed in the national baton twirling contest at Notre Dame University. Submitted photo
- Edgerton elects female council in 1890
- As Fall approaches, daylight begins to wanes