October 20, 2014

House fire interrupts Christmas slumber

Danedri Thompson
dthompson@gardnernews.com
A Gardner family didn’t rest peacefully on Christmas night.
Members of Johnson County Fire District No. 1 responded to a house fire at 325 E. Park Street in Gardner at 3 a.m. on Dec. 26. No one was injured in the small fire, but the family in residence was temporarily displaced.
According to Battalion Chief Trig Morley, fire crews initially didn’t see a fire when they arrived. However, after a brief investigation they found a small, active fire in the attic of the home.
“The residents were home at the time and they were alerted by their home smoke detector,” Morley said.
Investigators believed the fire was the result of an electrical issue.

Comments do not necessarily reflect those of The Gardner News, or staff. By posting, commentators assume all liability. Please contact webmaster to report comments that infringe on copyrights, or are of a profane or libelous nature. Webmaster reserves the right to edit or remove content deemed offensive.


 

Speak Your Mind