Republican Bill Sutton was sworn in at Gardner City Hall on Aug. 29 to be the new representative of the 43rd House District. Sutton was selected by the 43rd District Precinct Committee to finish the balance of former Rep. Mike Kiegerl’s term. Kiegerl retired from the 43rd District. Sutton will face Democrat Kevin King in the November general election. The winner of that race will be sworn into office in January.
About The Author
- Spring Hill eighth grader Jordan Haworth recently competed in the national baton twirling contest at Notre Dame University. Submitted photo
- Edgerton elects female council in 1890
- As Fall approaches, daylight begins to wanes
- LWVK honors the 96th anniversary of the 19th Amendment with web site
- OUR VIEW: After 96 years, struggle for vote continues