Sprayer Specialties, an agricultural equipment retailer, plans to open a store in Gardner.
The company, which is headquartered in Iowa, currently leases space in Olathe, but is set to build in Gardner, officials told the Gardner Planning Commission during the June 25 meeting.
Commissioners approved a site plan and final plat for the store and office which will be located on the north side of 191st Street, approximately a half mile west of Gardner Road.
Commissioners briefly debated whether the company’s building plan, which does not include fencing on all sides of an outdoor retail space, should be changed. However, company officials said they planned to fully fence the area as funds become available.
They plan to build a steel building on 5.45 acres on 191st Street.
In other business, planning commissioners:
• continued a public hearing to rezone property at 314 and 324 E. Main from General Business District to Planned Central Business District. Arvest Bank made the request in anticipation of submitting plans for a bank building there.
• Continued a public hearing on changes to the city’s sign ordinance.
• Conducted a public hearing on changes to the city’s landscaping codes and agreed to forward proposed changes to the code to the city council for approval.
• Continued a public hearing on proposed changes to the city’s outdoor storage regulations.
• Conducted a public hearing and approved a conditional use permit for Marvins Tow Service, located at 29960 W. 191st Street. The permit will allow Marvins to host a Motor Vehicle Tow Lot on the property.
• Approved a conditional use permit that will allow Intergrity Communications, located at 408 E. Main Street, to collect and temporarily store electronic recyclables in a trailer at the location.
The Gardner Planning Commission is next scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. on July 24 at Gardner City Hall.
AG equipment shop in Gardner approved